SEND & Inclusion

Help for children with special educational needs

Many children will need some help with learning or behaviour while they are at school.  Needing some extra help is not something to worry about as teachers and teaching assistants are always there for the children. 

In addition, Ms Dalton is the Special Needs Co-ordinator ('SENCO').  She is there to help teachers find out what your child's needs are and make sure they are met.  She is also available to speak to any parent who is concerned about their child.  She can advise on how to help at home and how to find the right help for children.  This will be in confidence.

Sometimes parents decide they would like their children to be seen by another professional:

We have a speech and language therapist who comes to school regularly.  With parents' consent she assesses children and then trains a teaching assistant to lead groups for those children in school.

We can refer to an educational psychologist who will visit the child in class, do some assessment work with the child and then give Miss Dalton, the teachers and the parents advice on what to do next.  This is completely confidential.

We can refer to a paediatrician (children's doctor).

We can also help refer you to Send and You - a parent support service which provides regular access to trained advisors, support with paperwork and reading letters as well as provides access to courses, workshops and support groups.

Follow the links below to view our SEN policy and our SEND report & School Offer 

To contact the SENCO please email

Click here to view Bristol City Council SEND offer.


Contact Us

Happy to answer any questions


  • Beaufort Street Bristol BS5 0SQ

Telephone Number