PE at Easton
- At Easton CE Academy we value Physical Education as an important part of the children's entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Pupils will be provided opportunites to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- Pupils experience of Physical Education will be positive and motivating to promote active participation and lifelong learning.
- Lessons are designed to provide pupils the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- PE is taught using the REAL PE programme of study to ensure progression of skills in most year groups
- In the Early Years, Real PE objectives are taught through continuous provision for Terms 1-4. Dance and Gymnastics are then taught, following the Real PE framework.
- In Year 5 pupils have weekly swimming lessons.
- Teachers create an environment that allows pupils to focus on learning.
- The teaching materials teachers reflect the school’s ambitious intentions for the course of study and clearly support the intent of a coherently planned curriculum, sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for future learning and employment.
National Curriculum in England
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.